MEA Country Heats begin in 2019/2020
Bahrain competition including Qatar,Saudi Arabia and UAE. Date to be announced fall 2019.
Jordon competition including Israel and Palestine. Date to be announced fall 2019.
Botswana competition. Date to be announced fall 2019.
Ethiopia competition. Date to be announced fall 2019.
- Teams can be made up of 4 to 12 students.
- Students must be 18 or under for the International finals in July/August 2020.
- All teams need to be accompanied by a teacher or adult. Direct contact information for the responsible adult must be supplied at registration. Registration for the competition indicates permission has been granted by the parent or guardian of each participant.
- Students should bring a laptop/tablet with them if at all possible. Please be aware that we aim to secure computer access for all companies at each competition venue, however this is not always possible.
- Schools may register for more than one competition heat at a time. However, schools must indicate which venue is their preferred event. For their second choice event, the school will be placed on a ‘reserve’ list.
- All team members must be specified in the initial application. A team will only be considered non-affiliated if 50 percent or less of its members are from one school.
- Teams who are not successful in the regional competitions are permitted to place a second entry to MEASDC via the video competition.
- There is no limit to the number of video entries that one school can enter.
- Some of our country competitions are heavily oversubscribed every year. At these heats, the MEASDC Board may deem it necessary to combine teams to form larger companies of up to 24 students, or larger.
- At country competitions with combined teams, only 12 students from the winning company will be invited to take part in the Europe finals.
- The MEASDC Board reserves the right to make final decisions. The aim of the Space Settlement Design Competition is to increase engagement in science and engineering for as many students as possible.